Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Maha the Gardener

So, i've tried my hands at gardening recently. i don't know how long this will last but i'm hoping that it will stay. i get a sense of joy looking at my flowers bloom, the fishes swimming about and everything else well manicured. we usually have a gardener who comes every other week to maintain the garden but somehow he lacks imagination. i can't blame him though. we have a fairly small garden and growing up we had all sorts of plants and trees. and honestly, none of us are the kind who puts 'gardening' in their list of hobbies. both Nadia and Alia did it for a while but had to abandon it due to the amount of time and energy required. so i guess, it is now my turn. will it be a thriving hobby or just another thing i check off my 'things to do before i die' list? only time will tell. I am starting with a few pots of roses to start my Rose Garden. I have always been in love with Roses. The rose is my flower. It is my favourite flower of all time and it being my birth flower is a magical coincidence that i bring up everytime i get into an argument with my sister (whenever we argue about who love Roses best -we're stupid like that). So at the moment, i have 2 types of Roses, the innocent pink blooms and the gorgeous reds ones. i got the pink ones from my grandmother who has the most sweet smelling roses in the whole of Malaysia -imho. hopeflly mine will smell just as sweet. the sexy red ones were bought from a local orchard. they caught my eyes the moment i step out of my car and i knew i was going to make them mine. HAAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment